Share the love, spread the word
with show host Rachael Jansen
What does it really take to be successful in business? I’m far, far from an expert but over the past couple of years, my experience, interviews and research have led me to conclude that there are some business essentials we need to focus on to reach our goals and succeed in biz.
When you’re new to business, or a solo-operator, it can feel overwhelming to work out what you should be giving your attention to and what you need to make it ‘work’.
Talk to enough people who have gone before you though, read enough books and blog posts, and try a few things for yourself, and the same ideas and themes come up again and again.
These seem to be the business essentials – the absolute necessities that will help you get to where you want to be.
In this episode, I share with you the biggest lessons I’ve learned.
The seven essentials are:
- No-one knows it all – everyone is making it up as they go along, even the super successful entrepreneurs.
- Mindset is key – you can’t succeed with a negative mindset, no matter how good you are at what you do.
- Community counts – you need some support around you.
- There are lots of ways to go about business – find what suits you and don’t feel you have to do what other people are doing.
- Redefine success – create new parameters about what success is for you.
- Comparison kills – stop looking outward and concentrate on what you would like to achieve.
- Failure isn’t fatal but it is inevitable – nobody is a super-star straight away. It takes work, practice and failing in order to find your way.
We watch our children learn as they go … it’s no different for us in business.Rachael Jansen